Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 11:44 PM   #4
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
I had a similar problem with intermittent and poor cable signals. I tracked it down to one of the coax connectors on the signal booster. I solved the problem by chucking the signal booster and replacing it with a Winegard coax switcher box I found on eBay. The switcher isn't made any more, but the one I found was new in the box. The solution is far more satisfying than trying to get CW to fix it. I spent about what gas would cost for a round trip to CW, much less the two trips it would require to actually get it fixed.

The switcher box allows for 5 coax inputs that can be output to any of 4 outputs (It shows its age by the VCR designation of one of the outputs!). So now I have cable, antenna and Blue Ray player inputs that can be routed to any of the 3 TV's in the coach. It must have internal splitters/amplifiers to allow the same signal to go to all of the TV's at the same time. The splitter box also acts as an antenna amplifier using 12VDC power that I got from the signal booster power connection. Works great.

The attached picture shows the splitter box prior to final clean up. The wires are now properly dressed and I built a small shelf for the splitter box to go on. The BlueRay player and AppleTV go under the shelf. Apple TV output just goes to an HMDI input the main TV. I've finally figured out that I can stream AppleTV apps such as Netflix through my phone, when I'm lucky enough to have cell service.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3366.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	8794  
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain
RVi Brake 3
DenverTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum