Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 01:17 PM   #7
DaddyOBest

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: South Carolina
THOR #6482
I’m sorry I mentioned microwave as this mislead everyone of my question. I should have said the vent fan over the stove does not vent anywhere! It doesn’t vent out the side of the RV nor does it vent out front of the cabinets as it is blocked by a wooden board attached to the cabinets done at factory. If you do any cooking in the summer, heat and fumes build up inside the RV making it hot and definitely not healthy breathing gas fumes and oil smoke. The roof vent, which has a fan, is hard to open because it is too high without a stool. When the roof vent is turned on, it sucks a lot of ac out as it is 4 feet or so from the ac direction of air flow. It also does a poor job of sucking fumes and smoke out as it is 7 feet or so away from the stove. Most stove vent fans are 30 or so inches from the stove. Do most people accept this now as it was unacceptable years ago?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum