Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 10:27 PM   #17
rick kirby

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
THOR #6874
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAdriver View Post
Hey... I have a 2017 Thor Diesel... can anyone tell me when it is ok to add DEF? Can it be topped off or should I wait for a low level indicator? Also... is there a difference in Ultra low sulfur fuel? And Diesel 2?

I bought a CTS monitor that plugs into the OBD port in my pickup, it reads all the values that the dash doesn’t include, even had a little red light that glows when it’s regenerating. It tells you the load on the exhaust ( the higher the percentage of load, the closer to regen) and it tells you the DEF level in your tank.
It also gives to exhaust temps so you know when it safe to shut down your engine.
I’ve had this monitor in my last few pickups.
Will be putting one one my Challenger even though it’s a gasser. I just like more info on what the motor is doing.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum