Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 02:33 PM   #1
thor293

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
ACE Mods to use space 29.3.

One spot to gather some well needed space if you are a handyman is, I made new drawers for the bedroom in our 29.3. The drawers are only about 16" deep and can be about 21" deep so I made new drawers for the 3 that are like that. The opportunity is there for the kitchen drawers also which can be way deeper at almost up to 28" if you desired except for the bottom drawer because of all the wiring and furnace ducting behind it. The outside Kitchen drawer I was able to make 6" deeper. The plastic mount for the fire extinguisher if yours is mounted in the cabinet by the steps can be taken out and just add a hinged drop down door. When I got my fire extinguisher replaced by Kidde I mounted it back by the bed and put a 5lb extinguisher just inside the door.

Outside bays, pretty much on all of them but the only one I changed is the front drivers bay, you can add a shelf by cutting some boards and laying on top of the lip of the cargo bay. This will give you a shelf about 6" tall that you can store hoses or whatever.

Not using the bunk? Take the back side of the bunk off and just use the front for storage. We didnt need or want a bunk up there but it comes with the coach and was just a waste for us. By removing half of it you gain a lot of storage space and the wife just made a curtain to cover it. It is out of the way so you dont whack your head when getting into the drivers seat also.

Just some FYI storage
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum