Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Battery
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 03:28 PM   #45
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigwelder View Post
the chassis battery in my 25-2 has never charged when plugged in. coach
batteries always charge. when i called Thor the tech man said it won't charge the chassis battery. so i remove both cables from battery if its going to sit more then a week. we never use rear radio so i will remove fuse.
Oneilkeys, what is best way to install switch on dash radio and memory?
First, I would not necessarily believe the Thor tech. I have owned a Vegas and an Axis (2016) and, as far as I know, every Axis/Vegas thru at least 2017 have either a BIRD/Trombetta or BCC and both systems work both ways. Those with a 2018 Vegas/Axis can chime in if theirs are different. I know of at least five that were wired incorrectly at the factory. I don’t know the year of your Axis or whether you have a BIRD or BCC setup so I can’t tell you what to look at.

Secondly, I don’t know which radio you have, but you should have gotten a manual with it. If not, you should be able to download one from the manufacturer. You can access the radio by pulling up the mat in the middle of your dashboard, taking out the two screws and sliding the cover off. On my 2014 Vegas, the red wire to the radio was the one that went to the chassis battery to keep the presets and the clock. That one has a minimal draw, but it does draw some. If you put a switch to it, you will have to reset the clock and radio stations every time you turn it off. The yellow black wire (yours is probably a different color) went to the house batteries to run the radio. If it is wired correctly, the radio and backup camera will not work if the use/store is in store. To install a small on/off switch into either it both lines, just cut the wire and attach the two poles of the switch to the two wire ends. I put the two switches on a small piece of wood and attached them to the bottom of the dash near my right knee.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum