Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: sound deadening
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 12:05 AM   #50
Thehobe1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #10354
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucev View Post
How hard is it to remove the doghouse from a 2015 Hurricane. Is it simple as it should be or one of those, what have I gotten myself into moments?

Thank you
If the doghouse is attached with a bunch of phillips self tapping screws into the metal surround like it is on my Thor Vegas, it is not easy because there is very little clearance for any length screwdriver. The radio area, mounted on a flimsy piece of plastic is backed with some wood pieces that get in the way of the screwdriver. Use a VERY short screwdriver or a 90° tool to get to the tight ones. The two big screws on either side of the doghouse are no problem to remove. I replaced all of my phillips screws with 3/8" bolt head type screws for future removal ease-same length, same width from the hardware store.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.