Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 02:31 PM   #7
Miramar Owner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAdriver View Post
Hey all... My new Gemini Cabin Batteries seems to drain and shut down after a little more then 24 hrs inactivity... any knowledge or suggestions on rectifying this situation? It shuts off my fridge as well, until I come out and start the engine... in minutes everything back on and power supply is back up.
When you say "drain and shut down" are you meaning you don't even have enough for interior lights or are you determining that by the fridge shutting off? If you have an inverter for the fridge it is designed to shut off before draining your batteries, at least that's the way mine works.

I have a residential fridge and it would shut off after about 10 hours. I replaced the poor quality batteries that came with the coach with 4-6 volt batteries. I now get over 24 hours with no concern.

I used to have an older coach that did not have the residential fridge. I either ran it on LP or electric. I always ran on LP until I reached the campground. Then I would switch it to electric.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.