Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 10:38 PM   #19
CSR

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Minnesota
THOR #6177
Firefly Panel Design

Hi TurnerFam,

Agreed, 'User Experience Design' and 'Build' are definitely two distinct specialties. To me, they are both critical.
A while back, I followed up with Firefly Integrations regarding this issue to see if they had other options or were working on something new.

SIDE NOTE – The people at Firefly were very friendly and responsive.

Firefly was open to building a custom solution, but noted that it would be costly. Firefly does offer older panels that have color-coded backlit indicators, BUT they require wires. The primary benefit of the 'Hard Button Panels' is that they are a wireless. The wireless factor helps to reduce weight (no wires), cut production time, makes it easy to install/move panels almost anywhere, and could cost less for maintenance throughout time. At least that’s the theory.

Overall, I like the tech and appreciate the benefits, but I think it could be SO MUCH better with a few creative and thoughtful tweaks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.