Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 11:28 PM   #3
jfreitas

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34J
State: Florida
THOR #8707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbadger777 View Post
I wanted to spend the night at the dealership, Elkhart got 8 inches of snow last night and more coming. Not much better weather outlook for our area either. So we came home. PDI went well with only a couple of things easily fixed. Theeeeennn. We moved it out to the parking lot. With slide in, The folding doors on the bunks wouldn't open. Tech worked on it, moving the slide in and out several times. Checking the door operation each time. Noticed that TVs would go out when slide came in. Should have STOPED everything right there. Got home and no TV would work. Pulled off the cover just below the oven. A lot goes on there! Somehow all the cable connections had pulled apart. There is a large piece of canvas in there that I don't think has been properly applied. I could see a lot of daylight and there are two large rubber strips that look like at one time they had been glued together. Any thoughts on whats going on there?
This is our third Thor so If this is all I find I will be very happy.
Im posting a couple of pictures, wondering if anyone knows what they do.
The plug was in a drawer with the charger plug for the rapid camp remote
the keys were in the bag with all the documents. Thanks

We bought a '17 34J back in July. We had an issues with coax being loose on EVERY TV and even the connections above the couch. This caused the TV's to work intermittently. Easy fix but frustration to chase down.

Another issue we had was Ice Maker not making ice. We later found this was due to the water valve below the residential fridge was never turned on. You need a screw gun to remove the panel but this may save you a trip to the dealer.

We also found our USB charger in the bedroom not working. Sounds like many coaches left Thor with the wires reversed. We had the wiring fixed and then had the entire receptacle replaced due to over heating when used.

Good luck with your new purchase!! I have never figured out what those xtra keys are for

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.