Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Tow a Honda CRV
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #18
jabrabu

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
I got all the stuff (I hope) to set up my 2012 CR-V for towing. Total cost was around $2200, and half of that was the brake system. I haven't installed it yet, though. I'll do that when I have a free day and the weather isn't too crappy.

Blue Ox BX2258 baseplate $360
Blue Ox BX7365 Alpha Tow Bar
$543
Blue Ox BX8875 Tow Bar Cover
$37
Blue Ox VX88272 Fuse Bypass Switch
$62
Blue Ox BX88206 7 to 6 pin cable
$77
Blue Ox BRK2016 Patriot II Brake System
$1091
Blue Ox BX8869 Bulb and Sock Tail Light Kit
$53
Red Loctite $8
Trim clip tool $5
TOTAL $2236
I did the install over the weekend. It was more tedious that I expected. I was planning for a half-day job and it ended up taking most of the weekend. Installing the baseplate was pretty straightforward, but routing the wires for the tail lights was a pain, getting the breakaway cable for the brake system through the firewall was tough, and it was tricky to get the front fascia back in place and all the fasteners reinstalled.

Instead of the fuse bypass switch, I installed a battery charge maintainer wired into the 6-pin plug on the baseplate.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum