Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 05:32 PM   #8
jfreitas

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34J
State: Florida
THOR #8707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbadger777 View Post
Amazing that no matter how long my PDI list was, i still missed some things.
Could someone tell me about the tank heaters. My Axis had switches on the panel. The spec. sheet says "enclosed and heated holding tanks" Are they on a thermostat? I find nothing to turn them on or off. They must be working, because this morning I noticed that the grey tank was reading 1/4 full. It had sat in there overnight with 15 degree temps. and about 3 gallons flowed right out.
During the PDI I noticed that there was pink in the shower and sinks. There was also about 10 gallons of water in the fresh water tank, which they drained. So I am assuming that they filled and tested all of the plumbing systems.
I am totally ignorant concerning the operation of the inverter and the auto gen-start. For instance; I have turned off the Fridge. I am plugged into house power, yet I noticed the inverter was running. Shouldn't the shore power be charging the batteries and even if the fridge was on, wouldn't the shore power run it?
Please be patient with me as I sort thru some of these things.
I will do my best to help with some of your questions but i have a 34J and am not aware of "Heated tanks". Unless this is something your dealer added due to being in MI.

It is safe to say that the pink that you saw in the shower and sink was antifreeze added to your tanks to prevent freeze up.

The inverter runs via the on/off switch located by the step. It is my understanding that even when plugged in to shore power, your house batteries are getting charged but the inverter will still provide power the fridge. This includes the fridge in the outdoor kitchen.

The auto start is useful but i was advised by a Thor rep that they are not set from the factory. You will find a little controller with several dials on it in the 3rd driver side bay next to the inverter. It is difficult to see as it is mounted with the dials facing downward. My wife used her phone to take a pic to get an idea of the settings and we adjusted it as we wanted. It can be set by voltage, temperature , run time and even quiet times(Not sure how it knows what time it is). We set ours to auto start when the voltage of the house batteries reaches 10.8 volts.

The temp setting can be useful is you leave a pet inside and are worried about temp. Leave the air set to on and set the auto start.

Hope this helps!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.