Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 12:47 AM   #5
ScottyFL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27B
State: Florida
THOR #10618
Inverter placement

The only thing I would add about where to mount an inverter is all the ones I have researched spec the distance from the batteries to be 10' or less. Ideally the closer to the battery bank the less voltage drop to the inverter from the batteries.

I have a Hurricane 27B and mine is under the bed. I'm debating about a new location since I am in the process of removing the small 1000 watt modified sine wave one and installing a 3000 watt pure since wave one, adding solar, with 6 golf cart batteries.

I'm seriously thinking about an outside locker although you would need to add ventilation with small muffin fan with baffles to make sure water didn't get splashed up inside, but at least then you wouldn't have to worry about hearing the fans running.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.