Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 03:24 PM   #3
RhondaMyers.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #6026
We bought the 22fe to have a traveling bathroom, and to have a place to stay when spending time with my brother in MS, as he was in the last few months of his life.
The first trip, was a nightmare and we regretted buying. It shook, rattled, and almost made us deaf from the doghouse noise. I was literally crying, thinking we made such a huge mistake. We were spent our 1st week parked in my brothers yard, dry camping. The dinette was horrible and way too small for plus size people like us. We were going to take it back and trade in for something larger, but the trade in was only 45k, so that was out of the question.
We designed and built houses together, and my husband had tools for welding, carpentry, and auto mech. So we looked to see what we could do. We scoured this forum and found so many useful things to try.
I had to 3d print a new sofa design to replace the dinette, before my husband would consider remodeling.
We pulled out the dinette and discovered we had a lot more space behind the driver seat. We ordered heated leather seats with swivel passenger and massage as our Christmas gifts. We doubled up insulation strips on the doghouse, which took care of the noise and heat. I can't remember what we used but it is in an old post.
We added a 3 in. Topper on the bed, plus additional storage components.
So now, we love our RV and can't wait to travel in it.
We joined DVC so we could have resort rooms for under 75 a night, but we still prefer staying in the RV. We use the rooms for our son and his wife and we stay at wilderness rv campgrounds.
We have stayed in KOA campgrounds in Lafayette, Pidgeon Forge, GA., Alabama, and Williamsburg. We plan on going to grand canyon soon.
As a plus for the RV, the day we returned from my husband's surgery, a snow storm caused a power outage for our whole area. We walked in the back yard, cranked up the RV, watched t.v., slept, made coffee, took showers, and had a great time. I think that kept him from getting depressed and sped up his healing.[emoji41]

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.