Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 10:40 PM   #2
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Progress report 1

Decided to pull the engine cover (doghouse) and have a look see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine cover.jpg
Views:	933
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	422

There is some insulation, more like heat shield, that covers the inside of the engine cover relatively well. For this area I am considering adding some Dynamat Extreme for sound deadening and then some Dynamat or FatMat 3/4 inch hood insulation. Also, I plan to swap out some screws. It is not very clear in the picture but right in the middle of the cover there are two screws that protrude through about 2 1/2 to 3 inches. I may need to pull the tray panel off the top to get access to these screws and to determine why they are there in the first place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine compartment.jpg
Views:	895
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	423

Looking at the engine compartment I saw a couple of interesting items. First, when looking at the vinyl flooring there appears to be some form of sound deadening material between the vinyl and the floors solid surface.

Second looking at the picture from the upper right corner of the engine bay running towards bottom center there is a bulb seal which was not installed correctly. When I tried positioning the seal I found that it is only 2/3 the length required to go around the opening.

Let the fun begin.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.