Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 04:45 PM   #4
rogerddd

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 24FS Class C
State: California
THOR #10509
Quote:
Originally Posted by micamper View Post
I know that I am new here, but I have tried to search for an answer without success. We went to the MARVAC camper show to see first hand the model/s class c we were interested in. I must say we were impressed with the units and all was well until I decided to sit in the drivers seat. I am tall(6'2"), but I have never had any trouble with the leg room in a truck. I put the seat back all the way and still my knees were hitting the steering column. All the trucks I have driven over the years allow the seats to go back so far that I have to stretch to reach the pedals. Plenty of leg room. I contacted Thor customer service and they told me that the seats are standard Ford/Chevy seats, and no modification would be made. There is no way I could drive up north with my legs scrunched up like that. Is this normal for motorhomes? This is to be our first motorhome after years of camping with a pop up. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks.
Fred
I have the same issue with the Ford chassis. I wanted Ford when we bought our Class C because I wanted a gas engine. Just not comfortable, so we ended up with a Mercedes Diesel.
Front is comfortable for me with Mercedes, but I still worry about finding diesel traveling. We already had one problem having to hunt around a small town for fuel.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.