Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 09:00 PM   #16
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
When I pulled the cover to the furnace area today I noticed that during the installation process someone apparently cut off the left hand corner of the rubber gasket inside of the furnace cover. (The masking tape covers the hole for the exhaust vent so no critters get in while the furnace is being repaired). That corner (left, bottom from the outside) is where the furnace board is. That’s obviously where at least some of the water is getting in and it is an easy fix. I will also move the board up, if I can. As to whether a gasket around the exhaust pipe will starve the furnace of air for combustion, most RVs have louvers in the furnace cover to let air in. My Axis does not. However the area that the furnace is installed in is large so Thor must believe that enough air gets in there that they don’t need louvers to feed external air. I’ll have to ask my mechanic guys what they think about trying to seal around the exhaust pipe. I dont know if the water that got into the burner area went down the exhaust pipe or ran down the outside of the pipe.
Anyway, I would pull the furnace cover and see what you have. In this case a dollar gasket could save you $125 board and labor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D24681CF-D84B-4779-A91A-88D1FAD54E74.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	9012   Click image for larger version

Name:	DD25F239-BBF2-4151-BE08-C22BA62EDC70.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	9013  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.