Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 12:47 AM   #6
wayneroe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Our intention when we first started looking was to buy a Class C. We had friends with a Jayco Greyhawk and we liked it a lot. When we started shopping, we looked at the Class Cs and made a shocking discovery. My wife severely broke an ankle several years ago and has two plates and ten pins in her leg along with knee issues. She got into the Class C fine and we loved the floor plan. But then she tried to get into the cab area and couldn't get past the doghouse because there was no room between it and the passenger seat and she couldn't get her foot up high enough to get over it. So, we tried the next best thing - enter through the cab door. It was too tall and she couldn't get in that way, either. Also, once I got into the driver's seat, I was too cramped to enjoy riding in it. We also realized she would have the same issue getting in to a pick-up, so a towable wasn't a great option, either (we would have had to buy a truck, too, since we didn't already have one). So, we decided maybe it was time to look at Class As after all. We did, liked what we looked at, and bought the ACE 30.3.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.