Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 12:13 AM   #9
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Hello ONeil,
Checked my records on the batteries. I did have to replace my dead original chassis battery before dealing with the house batteries. The chassis battery is a AGM Grp 65 775 CCA. The house batteries are LifeLine GPL-4CT AGM 6 Volt. They were installed on their sides with a bit of a modification to the base plate and addition of some painted sheet metal to protect the terminals that are now horizontal. Longer tie down straps too. Not cheap, but I was told that the six volt batteries will last twice as long as the 12 volt. So far so good.
Thank for the info. I will put it in my file for when I have to replace my current batteries. AGMs certainly should last a lot longer than lead acid, especially because they take the shake, rattle and role of RVs much better. I found that in my boat. The only thing that has me a little worried are the recharging parameters. AGM battery manufactures want you to have a converter/charger with am AGM mode since the charging parameters are a little different. It’s good you have all AGMs but that WFO converter is probably not doing them justice. My PD4655 says it will charge AGMs but dies not have a switch to change to an AGM mode. If I decide to switch, I will have to check with Progressive Dynamics and see if the PD4655 will charge AGMs effectively. Thanks again.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.