Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 01:18 AM   #17
gte534j

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #10717
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
As long as the grill/heater regulator can be removed/bypassed, you can connect it to the low pressure line (quick connect). Several here have adapted grills for use in that manner - typically cheaper than a grill sold for RV use - and a much bigger selection.

If the regulator can't be removed, something like Extend-a-Stay will give you a safe high pressure tap without carrying extra propane bottles.
Thanks for the advice.
The Extenda-Stay is a nice idea but my RV propane tank is on the driver side and we would be hanging out on the passenger side where the TV and awning is located. That would mean i would have to run a long propane hose around or under the RV to the heater or burner which does not seem like a good idea.

Could I get a stove like this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005OU9D...a-309742613703

and then just hook in a quick connect line directly to the stove from the RV? Would this work?

Does anyone know of a propane heater that does not have a built in regulator?

Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.