Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #13
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
"We are also FMCA members. They have some discount programs but not for camping. They do have a free camping location outside Cincinnati that all members can use for up to 5 nights per month and since our daughter lives there we take advantage of that frequently. I would think FMCA is best known for their tire program, which can save a few hundred dollars when it comes time to replace your RV tires, plus they now allow you to buy auto and truck tires with the discount. They also just inked a deal with Verizon and Sprint to offer cellular service via a MiFi device for $50/month (the device is free.) FMCA also has a program for getting you and your family plus your rig to a location if there is a medical emergency and need a driver, etc. as part of the basic membership. They also have an agreement with a discount for mail forwarding if you need that."

Just a word of caution about joining FMCA. Generally speaking, what was posted above is true. However, you have to read the fine print as with everything else, and FMCA is good about not showing you all the fine print.

The Verizon data/MiFi plan really isn't that good of a deal. It requires you to have 2 years of advance membership in FMCA to even start it with Verizon. So say for example you just joined for a year with FMCA, you would have to buy 2 more years of membership (over $150) to get the Verizon plan that in our case would have saved us about $18.00 a month.

If a true tire discount is the only real benefit then I will probably let my membership expire, wait 4 years until I am about ready for tires and renew for 1 year.

If you are into social stuff like joining local chapters, meetings, rallies, stuff like that then they can provide all that sort of stuff it looks like.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum