Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 09:07 PM   #1
AlwaysDreaming

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #9392
Inverter for light AC service when no shore power

Class C Chateau/FourWinds 22B
I would like to add some light AC electrical service to my coach for overnight stays on the road where shore power is not available and I don't want to run the generator for long periods of time. My my requirement is 100 Watts. LCDTV w/ROKU (100 Watts) or CPAP 60 Watts, not both at the same time.
I am looking at a 200 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter with a "cigarette lighter" plug.
I have added a second house battery that matches the original battery (group 27 Deep cycle), so I have doubled my amp/hours
There is 2 "cigarette lighter" plugs on the dash and in the glove box of the cab of the Ford E350.
Does anyone know if one, or both, or none of the "cigarette lighter" plugs are connected to the house batteries as opposed to the engine/chassis battery?

Thanks

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.