Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 02:09 AM   #132
dadepfan

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: Washington
THOR #10643
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrhugh View Post
Dave,
Although your experience is unfortunate it’s not uncommon. I personally have had about the same number of items that needed attention on my 2017 Compass 23TR. 90% of my problems have been quality control issues at assembly. Fortunately I have been able to correct everything myself. Someone here said “the only thing that works in an RV is the owner”. LOL
Although it might not sound like it, I really like our Compass. It’s built to a price point in a competitive market and it shows.

The awning is on you though. The coach weighs about 10,000 lbs, there’s not an awing made that will survive a tree encounter. The plastic end caps are flimsy. I had to replace the rear one on mine but it was my fault.

One thing I’ve discovered is the customer support of Thor and their suppliers has been great.

Hugh
Yes, we really like the Gemini as well, in spite of all the problems (some I fixed, some the dealer fixed, some I paid to have fixed, and some Insurance paid to have fixed). There are only 2 things we would change if we could: 1) get the newer model with the slide on the side instead of the back (and thus having a ladder on the back), and 2) because we often camp with a neighbor couple in their little trailer, we need a place for all 4 of us to spend time together, and a dinette would be a lot better then the couch we have.

Dave

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum