Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 03:53 AM   #1
fredsbook

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: North Carolina
THOR #1800
Miramar Generator prob

I've been trying to figure why my Miramar auxiliary generator won't start. It does when I'm connected to shore power. I unplug shore power and the gen will start once. I try using the dash toggle to start the gen and no go. I use the remote and again no go. I even try the start switch on the gen and again no go. If I plug into shore power the gen will start. Unplug and again it may start once. I shut it down and try again and again no go no matter how I attempt to start the gen. I figure my aux batteries are not getting charged. But when I use the system test buttons to show the power levels of the batteries they show full load.
So what am I doing wrong? Or is it a problem I need to get fixed? I'm a newbie as you probably figure out. So be kind if this is a stupid issue because of my lack of knowledge.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum