Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Scan Gauge 2
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 10:58 PM   #2
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I have one that I got mostly to monitor transmission temperature when I was towing a travel trailer with my SUV. You can program them to display any of about a dozen parameters. The small screen can display four numeric values of you choice at a time. Many of options are not particularly helpful. When I put it in my Freedom Elite I think I had it set to display transmission temperature, current horsepower, voltage and coolant temp. Of these only the first was really useful. Horsepower was somewhat interesting and the last two just provided a more accurate duplication of the Ford gauges. You CAN use it to give you estimated instantaneous fuel consumption but I never bothered to program and refine all of the parameters. It’s a bit tedious to program though not actually difficult. I bought a long cord for it and mounted mine with double sided tape to the header above the windshield so it would be close enough for these old eyes to actually read. It seemed to be a useful bit of kit but I am not currently using mine inasmuch as my new MH includes a transmission temp gauge.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.