Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 12:05 AM   #66
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB410 View Post
Hey there.
Look at the brochure Section 7 (Highlighted in yellow) I have an information into them to confirm.
Thanks. I only know enough to be dangerous, but previous discussions in this and another forum seemed to agree that overcharging batteries while the batteries were connected by the solenoid was not a problem. On the converter/charger side the consensus was that with the Trombetta open, the three batteries (2 house and 1 coach) were essentially one battery and the amps from the charger went into which ever battery had the lowest charge until all were fully charged. Then the charger would go to 13.1v to sustain the batteries. From the alternator, the consensus was that there were enough loads on the batteries with the engine running that overcharging - even at long distances- was not a major issue. The equalizing issue has not come up before - to my knowledge. I’ll see if I still have the email of the BIRD man I conversed with several years ago and try to go back and bring up the discussion with him. Whatever, it looks like the BIM is a significant upgrade to the BIRD/Trombetta.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.