Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 07:12 PM   #18
JamJanTan

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #7227
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
keep a close eye on that short piece of trim that returns back towards the cab door.

On my passenger side, I discovered that trim looked a bit loose. Turned out that that whole wall had rotted out. You couldn't tell from the skin.....

Turned out to be two problem areas up on the roof that had been leaking. The skin that forms the nose of the cab over was cut short and had almost zero surface area under the corner trim up near the top where it joins the roof

and

the roof membrane at that same corner was a bit short and also had a screw under that insert trim that wasn't sealed.

No apparent damage in the cab over or side wall that I could find. i think the water dripped down framework in that exterior non-wood wall in mine and got into the plywood in this little return wall.

I'd suggest

taking that trim off so that you can see the bottom edge of that plywood core

and

I'd suggest taking the upholstered panel that covers that wall on the inside off to have a look at the plywood. (mine was "buttons" on a pillowed vinyl covered wall). Those buttons are nothing more than covered snaps that pry right off to reveal a screw. very easy to remove for a look.

I sincerely hope you don't find what i did.

Thanks for the info. I will be sure and take a look before I seal it up. One thing I have done that I hope help with these sort of things is RV gutter. I basically have water running off the sides only at the corners of the rig which I try to keep a class eye on. I am considering running gutter across front and back to prohibit water intrusion as much as possible. Thanks for the heads up making repairs next weekend then opening 2018 camping season the next weekend. Happy camping.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.