Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 06:50 PM   #16
Bratmanstudio

State: California
THOR #8228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Owner View Post
Since your Miramar is a 2015, does it have a 5 speed transmission. Mine is a 2016 with a 6 speed. I'm unsure as to whether the 5 Star Tune is needed with the 6 speed. I haven't driven in the mountains, other than in the Ozarks, but have found my current set up to be adequate so far.
It's the extra Hp, the extra tork and mostly the better shift ratio and re-gearing that made all the difference. It would shift from 5tg down to 3rd or 2nd on the slightest incline. Now it's very smooth in transitions. Plus the extra power doesn't hurt. 5 speed or not. We still have the 6.8L v10 f53 that's geared for generic truck use and not tuned for a motor home full of people and gear.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum