Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 06:19 PM   #14
Rocky49

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 22 GOC (aka 22E)
State: Alberta
THOR #7302
GM tech? What about us Thor GM Owners?

Welcome to the Forum!!

Nice to hear someone with GM experiences on the Forum. Don't have a vegas but a Thor Class C with the GM V8 powerplant drive train. I have been a ford guy, a Volvo guy, a VW guy and now a GM guy. I would love someone who could tell me how to improve the fuel economy in my Class C Thor, besides going slower and travelling empty. My local Chevy dealer says it is a cube van, no one cares about cube van efficiency!!!

What you are describing with your Thor is what many people have experienced a decent overall design, but poorly finished or completed, and a lot of folks who just don't care because they are making money NOW! It is kind of like the US auto industry in 1971. And as you correctly point out many of our RVs cost less than a new Caddy or Lincoln. We would like more quality but can we afford it. Sometimes I think it just comes down to getting folks to do the job right the first time.

Rocky 2014 GM powered Thor Freedom Elite 23U

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.