Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 02:07 PM   #9
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Good job Dave and great results.

My Axis engine noise doesn't seem to be loud enough to bother me. 85 - 90 db at 65 mph. Suppose I lucked out when they installed the insulation on my coach.
The engine noise on my coach does not bother me either. My wife is concerned it bothers the dog (Marta). My first mod to the coach was to install a seat belt extension on the passengers seat so there are two seat belt buckles and the Marta gets hooked to one while we are travelling. She gets a little anxious while travelling and my wife believes if I can reduce the noise it may help. Personally I think she misses her travelling companion (Mandy) which we lost to cancer 2 years ago. The anxiety showed up the first trip after we lost Mandy.

What this has done is somewhat confirm my suspicion that the majority of my engine noise is not coming through the cover, but rather through the floor pans. All mechanical components of my engine, valve covers, exhaust manifolds, bell housing etc... sit below the level of the floor with the air inlet into the intake being the only component above floor level.

I believe before I waste money on installing hood liner in the engine cover I am first going to see what happens when I tackle the floor pans. I expect a large gain in reduction when I use the Dynamat on the driver's side floor pan.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum