Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 01:44 PM   #52
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
This is one of several
You are being redirected..."Volt Start & Lith
edit..
Hmm will not let me hot link the in-depth article..
Basically just their "hurrah for Us" about developing a system where you use Lithium batteries plus solar and their "Volt Start" to replace ever needing a generator for boon docking..

Thanks much. I thought you were referring to an article on the Winnebago Travato with the Volta 48-Volt system, which is quite different. I'd like to see a good objective review for comparison.

I've also read many reviews about the E-Trek having issues, yet others like it a lot. I guess it depends on expectations and how you plan to use it; and like many things RV-related, also on luck.

Compared to a RoadTrek with 400-aH of battery capacity we looked at a year ago, this Travato has roughly twice the battery capacity, reportedly twice the charging speed, and almost twice as large an inverter, which can now power the entire coach with 30-Amp service.

These differences seem significant to me, and would affect the way we could use the camper. However, the devil is in the details (and cost), so we'll have to see how good it really works. Regardless, it's a great step in my opinion.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum