Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 08:36 PM   #161
mountainsam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmilla View Post
I too went to the Ford site and entered my VIN --getting the FSA --but not the recall for the injection pump. I have not called my local Ford dealership yet to see about resolving the FSA. When I called the local Ford dealership about an oil change they said they could not handle the size of my 23TR. Expecting that again so have delayed acting on the FSA. I would be interested in what is entailed if anyone get this work done and any recall info. Nancy

I went to the Ford dealer this morning and made an appointment for Tuesday to get the FSA taken care of. The service manager told me it is a reprogram that will allow portable handheld scanners to read codes. So it seems to be an upgrade rather than a performance issue. It will be done while I wait so not a big deal. I'll be taking it for a 30-40 mile drive after to make sure all is right.

Sam

Just found this.
REASON FOR THIS EMISSION RECALL

In the affected vehicles, aftermarket scan tools may not be able to view One-Trip Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs). The California Air Resources Board (CARB) has requested that Ford conduct a recall of the affected vehicles to correct this condition.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum