Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 07:57 PM   #1
RVCampingNut

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
This is the year for more upgrades

Well, I've had my 2017 Challenger 37LX coming up on two years this June (ordered March 2016) and other than a few things, this is the year to spend some money

Planned Modifications this year:
1) ordered the 5Star tune and hopefully will have it within the next week.
2) Finally getting around to doing the CHF although I don't notice too much swaying as it is but I can't wait to see how it handles afterwards with my lead foot.
3) Replace all 3 TVs with smart TVs. Since they are so cheap, I will just get 2 32" and 1 40" (maybe 42" after I take measurements. It should fit)
4) Sumo Springs front and rear
5) Install sound bar for outside TV to hear it better
6) Install swinging arm for outside tv to angle it wherever I need it
7) Install/Replace front and rear track bar
8) Tap into the half bath vent and run some ducting to the rear of the coach or push more air to the rear. Either way, I need more heat to the rear.
9) Cut cup holders into the dinette table. 2017 had none. I think the 2018 model now has cup holders
10) Maybe add sound deadening underneath the dash.
11) Replace the stock sofa with one that has an easier, more comfortable bed.
12) If the wife lets me, add DirectTV antenna.

Mods already completed:
1) Replaced master bed with a more comfortable bed. The Denver mattress it came with can stay in Denver
2) Added 1.5" memory foam to the front mattress thing. My son says it's quite comfortable now. That's about a thick as you can go or you can't put in get locking pins
3) Installed SnapPads to the leveling jacks
4) Installed 4 new sealed batteries
5) Installed a second catch for the dinette drawer. Hard left turns would release it with the one that was put on. Now it stays shut.
6) Installed an adjustable vent in the half bath. It is right next to the heater and would get way too hot in there.
7) Purchased a water softener for the RV. It helps a lot and keeps the wife happy
8) Added TST TPMS 6+4 to monitor tire pressure of all tires and toad
9) Sound-proofed the doghouse with dynamat and also added thicker heat shield. Can now have a normal conversation at a normal level.
10) Added rubber trim to all of the areas where there was plastic on plastic (like the top of the doghouse. A nice rubber ring not only looks good, but stops subtle squeaks of plastic on plastic.
11) Replaced the stereo in the bedroom to send the sound to the speakers over the bed. I found one with direct rca inputs from the TV.

Things that just needed to be done:
1) Remove every single drawer and shop vac'd the floor
2) While everything was removed, added screws where needed because a lot of the trucks only had 1 screw holding it in.
3) Removed vent covers and shop vac'd the areas
4) Had a loose ground screw in the engine compartment that took a while to find, but it would shake somewhat going down the road and I would lose all lights (headlights, foglight, running lights), stereo, and half of dash when it failed to ground. Thoroughly cleaned the contact points, bolted it in place and then put on anti-corrosion spray and then undercoating to protect it. No issues ever again
5) fixed the rubber seal on the drivers side full wall slide. It was loose which cause the wiring to get pulled and eventually messed it up. I reran the wiring better and added a clip that keeps the wire away from the slide. I had an issue midway through my long trip where the slide wouldn't go in or out. Figured out what it was and fixed it permanently when I got home.
6) Fixed the baffles in the air conditioners. They were not in place and one was even laying flat. Disassembled the shroud inside the coach and set them in place with a small amount of glue. Without those in place, there was no way to divert air properly through the ducting.
2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.