Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 12:37 PM   #10
Jonny Boy

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: Michigan
THOR #1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
The battery straps in my coach and I believe they are the same in the Miramar are the same ones that are used by numerous RV manufactures and work just fine if the owner performs maintenance on the batteries as required. That maintenance as stated in my owners manual, which covers class B, class c and class A coaches, specifically mentions the use of a mixture of baking soda and water to neutralize any battery acid that may seep out of the batteries and into the battery compartment. This solution will also neutralize battery acid that has soaked into the hold down straps and extend their life.
Yeah, I recall reading that. I wasnt so concerned about the straps. My questions was more about the 4 battery set up that was done. I know when running the inverter only, the batteries do not hold voltage very well.

Just curious, but does anyone know of a different type of battery that could be used instead of the acid batteries? Pros/Cons

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.