Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 12:14 AM   #1
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Vegas Road Noise

After 5000 miles from South Florida to Rhode Island, Montana and Canada, I am relatively happy with the noise level in the Vegas after all the insulation I put in. The thing I have noticed in all the different roads I have travelled, is the incredible difference in noise levels on different road surfaces. Concrete,grooved surfaces seem the loudest. I am convinced that the majority of the noise in my Vegas is coming from the tires. While I love the Michelin M+S tires, and I do not want to run any others, they are noisy. I think that it might make a big difference to the noise level, if I replaced the front tires with regular tread. I have driven thru rain, hail and snow going over the pass into Yellowstone NP and the Michelin tires are great.. But on some road surfaces, the noise can drive you crazy. I don't think that any amount of insulation will help. I am not sure I want to replace the front tires, but if anyone else does, I would be interested if it really helped.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.