Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 02:12 AM   #1
Aseymour

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #10915
Keeping the Batteries Charged

I’ve been wondering about something in keeping the house batteries charged between trips or driving the unit on my 24HE. Currently I have the big 30 amp power cord and adapter to plug into 110 AC so the batteries are staying maintained. But it occurred to me if I simply ran a regular 110 utility cord into the battery compartment and plugged in one of the smart staged battery tenders connected to the batteries this would keep the batteries up and spare the converter many hours of operation. The main battery disconnect switch could be completely off the 02 sensor and any other phantom loads would off. Everything would be quietly sleeping except for that smart battery tender. Anyone see a problem with doing it that way?

Thanks
Andy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum