Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 01:33 PM   #7
mcr1010

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
Thanks for the info. I already have a cell water kit installed. That and a cutoff switch was one of the first additions after ownership and maybe a reason I have had good service from it so far.

The chassis battery is still operating OK, but the fact that it is a Harris and that it is going on 4 or more years old, I though it would be wise to change it now by choice rather than on a trip at an inconvenient time.

Removing the folding desktop, pan and plywood plug was very easy with a screw gun and razor knife. I installed a wood cleat on each side of the opening to mount the plug back and close up the hole. Now, to go shopping.

I have a few pics I can post if you think they will help, although there have been some good ones posted already by others who have HAD to change their chassis battery.
Oh yeah, I found a couple of wires that needed some tie wraps, so while in there, take your time and look around for loose wires if you go in.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.