Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
TravelinAndersons
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #5
Thanks for the link Janet. It seems like the question "What tow vehicle do I need?" is one of the most discussed topics on the RV discussion boards. Unfortunately they are getting advice from people that have little more knowledge about the topic than the person asking does.
You're also right about salespersons not knowing the towing capacity of the trucks they sell. They usually just tell you the it will handle your trailer just fine...no problem. I walked out a dealership in Texas because the salesman insisted the 3/4 ton Ram he had on the lot was well suited for my 15,500 pound Redwood 5er.
Thanks again for the link... informed consumers will make the roads safer for all of us.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum