Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 08:46 PM   #24
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorRut View Post
riskmgr - So I understand how to check inverter/batteries, tell me if the below procedure will work?
- with voltmeter check what is the voltage across batteries while charging from inverter with unit plugged-up.
- Take off inverter and manually charger to 100% with battery charger.
- Plug up unit with inverter charging battery.
- With voltmeter, on fully charged batteries inverter should eventually step down to 13.1v.
Thanks
That will work, but there is no real reason to do that. First check the charge on the house batteries. If the charge is below about 11.8v, when you plug in the RV, if the converter/charger is working correctly, it should be charging the batteries at about 14.1v (boost charge). After the batteries are charged over around 12.4v or so, the charger should step down to 13.5v and continue to charge until the batteries are 100% charged. When they are, the charger should step down again to 13.1v to maintain the charge. It should not take the inverter more than 24 hours to fully charge the batteries (unless they are way down). So if after 24 hours the inverter is still charging the batteries at 13.5v you will know that it is not working correctly. The converter chargers in my Vegas and Axis never went into Boost mode, no matter how discharged the batteries were. Only one went into maintenance mode.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.