Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 10:57 AM   #8
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
If I understand the issue correctly my class C and the current Challenger had and have the same type of setup. As Jamie stated when the lav door is open it provides an enclosure making not only the bedroom a larger dressing area it also provides more privacy for someone getting in and out of the shower which is across the hall from my toilet/lav.

Something to consider, using something other is going to require additional mounting hardware or installation of securing points to keep the door or curtain closed or open when traveling and then there is the additional potential for rattle or banging against walls while moving.

Also, and this is the major reason I would never change the layout, I travel for business quite often and more often than not I am flying in regional jets. The aisles are about as wide as an RV hallway and the aircraft use bifold doors on the lavatories. Thinking about an RV hallway would the door open in or out and regardless of the opening direction it will reduce the size of the doorway by at least a couple of inches. The door when open will also either reduce the space in the bathroom when moving around or reduce the space in the hallway/walkway when moving in the coach.

This is one where I'd think long and hard because the end result may not be what you really wanted to accomplish and there will be trade offs.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.