Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 07:18 AM   #15
saddlesore

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott37040 View Post
Has anyone modified the cab of the 30FE? The seats? The console?

We bought a 2018 Thor 30FE which is on a Ford F-450. Wow, it's cramped.

First, the passenger seat in the cab.

One can either slide it back or recline it back but not both. Very little leg room. Also, the seat back is permanently formed with a forward angle at the neck where it is only comfortable when reclined. But to recline the seat it must be slid forward. Hence, no leg room. To climb out of the seat, one must first tilt the back of the seat all the way forward and then slide the seat all the way back! Ridiculous!!!

Currently, even my 5-foot-2 wife feels like she's sitting jackknifed in the passenger seat. I'm 6 foot so I'm both jackknifed and cramped with my knees buckled. Very uncomfortable.

To fix this, we're considering cutting all or part of the bench seat behind the passenger seat so we can recline and slide the passenger seat all the way back. It looks to be cheap press board with a molded frame for supporting the cushion. It's just the two of us so altering one bench is fine. The wife wants this professionally done so it will look nice. Actually, I could do it with a hack saw. But "Happy Wife, Happy Life" always applies.

Has anyone done this? Can we buy different cab seats that are more comfortable?

Secondly, The massive frivolous center console.(How many cups can one have?)

We're researching to see if the center console can be replaced with something that doesn't take up so much room. I'd rather have more room to slip into the driver's seat than a bazillion cup holders. Right now, the clearance between the driver's seat and the console is a mere 6 or 7 inches.

Has anyone done this? Are there alternative center consoles for a Ford cab?

Is there a business around Nashville, TN that customizes RVs?

This is our first RV so any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Keep in mind..
Your 1st coach is a learning tool..

Within a year or two you will discover..about the RV... As you now are....

What you love about the RV...
What you can kinda-sorta tolerate with the RV..
And what you absolutely hate about that !@#$%^%$#@! RV.
Then you can go get what you should have gotten in the first place..
Happy Hunting

Remember..Every day you put off retiring..is just one less Day of being retired
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum