Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 12:48 PM   #11
BradnKaren

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Florida
THOR #6310
Unfortunately it seems a lot of things made these days are not the quality they once were. Customer service is also not what it use to be. In my experience returned calls happen less and less. Persistence is key.

We shopped extensively before we bought our Thor. A Tiffin model was 2nd choice. In the end it mostly came down to money. The Tiffin was the closest in size and options but was $22k more.

We are 15 months into our new Thor and do not regret it at all. We love it. It has been back to the dealer multiple time for warranty work. Some mechanical, some cosmetic. Some major and some minor. Some items fixed by my husband because he can. Our Thor contact has always been helpful and responsive, as has the dealer.

The thing about RVs is they almost always need something fixed. It's just the nature of the beast. There are A LOT of parts and functions, all of which shake, rattle, and roll down the road. We've owned 4 motor homes in the last 20 years, 3 of which were purchased used. They ALL needed fixing pretty regularly. Our first was a 20 year old Winnebago we bought from the original owner. He told my husband that at any given time at least one thing will be broken on it. That was 22 years ago. He was right and that held mostly true through all of them.

It helps to be handy which my husband and I are. If not, I think helps to reasonably understand and accept that you're going to have to pay to have someone else fix issues, outside of any warranty. I look at choosing the Thor over Tiffen as having $22k that we could put into the Thor fixing stuff if necessary. It's hard to imagine spending that and we haven't had to repair anything outside of warranty yet, so I count us as way ahead. Our Challenger thanks to Thor, the dealer, and my husband is running smooth and completely operational. We have one broken blind at the moment. One of those things that I mentioned earlier. Very minor in my opinion.

It helps to understand that things happen with RVs. They need more care and attention than houses and cars. It helps to be patient when it comes to the warranty work. It also helps to be knowledgeable about the product, and that's where this forum is a goldmine of help and information.

I'm sorry you're having problems with your Thor. It is understandable when we pay what is to most people, including us, a very large sum of money for something only to have problems pop up constantly. Granted there will be an occasional real lemon. But I believe if you can be patient and let Thor handle any problems under warranty, expect an occasional problem you'll have to handle after that, you find you'll be happy with your Thor once all the "kinks" are worked out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum