Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 05:05 PM   #1
kappy1168

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 29G
State: New Mexico
THOR #9284
Anyone Have Problems with Blue Ox Patriot II Braking System?

I recently had my tow set up complete, towing a 4800lb Chev Traverse (heavy) with a Thor Chateau 29G. Using the Blue Ox Patriot II and discovered brakes on Traverse overheated on first use towing it home from installer. Obviously Patriot was applying brakes when it shouldn't and I think it may have been set up incorrectly by installer initially. Tried it again setting up Patriot myself and I dialed down the sensitivity and force to around 4 or 5 each and seemed to work fine. But I did notice the Patriot engaged the Traverse brakes on it's own once or twice while driving around town and I wasn't using the MH brakes. I'm concerned and don't want to burn up my toad brakes. Anyone else have these issues or suggestions???

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum