Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 01:36 PM   #87
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post

....cut....

With the increased number of RVs being sold, I wonder why there aren't more "service only" shops coming into existence. Some that might even help to outsource THOR and other dealer warranty issues (since, for the dealer it seems warranty work isn't a priority)

Just a thought over Sunday morning coffee...
Historically the RV business has been very cyclical. I’d guess it’s probably a risky investment, although repairs may be less so.

Every time the economy stumbles, we stop buying discretionary items, and luxury items like RVs get hit hard. We also stop taking as many vacations, and put off fixing things that can wait.

Instead of starting a completely new business from the ground up, I’d also guess it’s easier for established dealers to expand theirs since they already have infrastructure in place. And like RV manufacturers, they are limited by lack of available trained employees. I think the best employees who have families that depend on them often avoid cyclical jobs for fear of inevitable layoffs.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum