Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 09:05 PM   #7
jfreitas

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34J
State: Florida
THOR #8707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbadger777 View Post
My full side slide is bowed. It is difficult to use the coach because if we encounter a rain storm, water gets in where the seal is not making contact. It is tight on both ends but is bowed in the middle 3/4 to 1 inch. I have a July appointment in Wakarusa to have it looked at.
Question 1.I have thought about trying a slide lock to try to draw it in while traveling. Do you think that might work?
2. The middle of the slide must roll on something. I have no idea, what or how. can anyone enlighten me?
Its not as big of an issue as it seems. I have a 2017 34J and had the exact issue. Mine was out almost an inch and was causing the seal not to seal on the side of the coach.

Thor brought their own tech into Tampa to repair mine and he was done in just a few days.

It will require removing the bunk area and maybe some other cabinets. Once this is done they will use pressure to straighten the slide and then reinstall the cabinets and bunk area while slide is still under pressure.

When they were done ours was within an 1/8" from front to back. Really not as big a deal as i thought hit may have been. Good luck with your coach, we love ours!!

PM me if you have any questions, i have learned ALOT about dealing with Thor over the last 8 months

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.