Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 12:31 AM   #1
tomangie

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #11146
half way through solar install on 2018 Thor Axis/Vegas 24.1

I took out 2 drawers under the back bed. The picture shows 2 of 3 my lithium Battle Born 100Ah batteries. Temporarily, I have a house battery hooked up with the stock RV wires & breaker. I have to move the transfer switch (black box behind the battery monitor in the pix) up a bit to make room for the third battery. The battery box was removed under the steps, since it hangs too low for my baja offroad adventures, & the solar components are in the back. It was easy to pull the house battery wires (+ & -) from under the steps & route them to the back from the RV breaker box – perfectly sized both ways! I will mount a distribution block & run a thick wire back to the batteries for the three remaining wires under the step: the generator, engine battery (I think), and front dash. The MPPT 30A controller will mount on top of the batteries once I replace the drawer fronts. 3 monitors (battery, solar controller, inverter) will go on the back bedroom wall, mounted from inside the closet. To keep the batteries warm during my ski adventures, a heater hose will be directed to the water tank/battery area, & the wooden box under the bed will be insulated with Polyiso. The back wall will contain the remaining components: battery & solar switches, shunt, fuses, etc. The Multiplus 2000w inverter fits perfectly in the back storage space, as with everything else. Victron components are easy to connect, with the generator & shore power going from the transfer switch through the inverter, then back to the RV breaker box. The RV converter will be removed, so as not to confuse the Multiplus charger. The prewired solar (white & orange wires) are too small for my 4 HQST 100w mono panels, so I will run thicker wire down the same route, but go to the back solar controller, which is a much shorter run. Almost everything ordered through Amazon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	9668   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0014.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	9669  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0009.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	9670   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0015.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	9671  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum