Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 04:24 PM   #1
Mauserdude67

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #6698
Replace that Jensen JRV212T!

I'm in the process of revamping the entire sound system in my Axis 24.1. It currently has the stock crappy Jensen JRV212T stereo in it. I am upgrading to a Pioneer MVH2300-NEX for the head unit. The biggest hurdle to upgrade to a better unit has been (for me) the proprietary video connectors that are used on the camera inputs from the backup camera and the mirror cameras.

After doing some research online I have located the adapters that are required for the upgrade. The adapters consist of a female camera input plug that matches the male Jensen camera inputs and they terminate in RCA type connectors that are the industry standard for video camera inputs that connect to a head unit.

The adapters are available online at RV Cameras Product Code is: 31300006.

These adapters are $23.50 each, so they are not the cheapest, but they allow the installation of a superior head unit without having to cobble up a lesser solution that may fail while on the road.
I have also purchased a multiplexer on Amazon.com for the camera signals that will allow me to use all three cameras just like they are used in the Jensen. That product is the Brandmotion 9002-6117 2-Way Video Switcher.

All of this will allow me to get away from the cheap gimmicky original equipment and install some high quality audio components that will work well and sound awesome.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum