Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 05:07 PM   #4
tomangie

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: California
THOR #11146
it will be two weeks before I work on this again. My thinking is to leave the converter in, but unhook it for now. Worse case is to forget to turn off the Multiplus charger & have the converter charge via the alternator, as this will confuse both chargers into thinking that the batteries are full when they are not, as under charge, more voltage reads on the batteries. Worst yet is somehow the sensitive & expensive lithiums get over charged if the built-in BMS ever fails. Without the converter, I can still charge via solar, shore power, or genny. That should be enough for my type of camping. I hear the stock converters are not very good to start with, but I havent tested it yet.
As I go offroad with this rig, everything will be secured. The batteries use the same stock straps from under the steps. I have decided to install the inverter horizontally for heat reasons. it will be installed where there is at least an inch of space on all sides. I will take the stock fan from the converter and put a heat sensitive relay on it to vent out heat under the inverter to the outside. I lost a lot of weight in the rig when I got rid of the lead acid batteries and heavy battery box under the steps - I had to plasma cut that thing out. With solar panels & a lot more amp hours from the lighter lithium batteries, it is probably the same weight, but much better centered in the rig.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.