Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 03:17 PM   #3
BSexton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Georgia
THOR #5927
Our second house is outside of Moab and we have a Jeep (Moab edition as it where).

A couple of notes about Moab and RVs. If you are going to stay in one of the RV parks, get reservations early. It is not uncommon for the RV parks to be full. Not to mention, there is a limited number of them. If you are planning on boon docking, there are a lot of places for that. However, those can be full too. If you are looking for recommendations, please let me know and I'll share any knowledge that I have.

As far as White Rim trail, I've never been on the middle section. I've done both ends where the trail goes from on top of the mesa where Canyonlands National Park is down to the river. Those sections are not for the faint of heart! Both sections are switchback after switchback with one side being a solid wall of rock and the other side is a 400-500 drop off. Oh, and did I mention that both of those sections are just big enough for one car!

The last time my sister was out here, I asked her if she wanted to do an "exciting" trail and she said "Yes, please". So, we took here Shafer Trail (which is how to get to the White Rim trail). After it was over, I said we could do it again next time they were out here, and she very quickly said "NO".

If you want to do any amount of Jeeping out here is Moab, I would recommend this book:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/193483825X..._9r20AbZYBV594

According to this book, the White Rim Trail is a moderate trail (meaning that it can be done with a stock Jeep). Its 90 miles of trail and 40 miles of paved road. They say it will take at least 2 days to complete--you will have to camp to do this trail.

Let me know if you have any questions. This is my backyard.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum