Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 06:39 PM   #218
nmcmilla

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBV2018 View Post
snip...

So my question is, if I upgrade to a 15k btu unit, will that be enough to make a difference, or are two units the only real way to cool the coach?

Thanks in advance,
Joe
Hi Joe, Nice to have another Gemini/Compass owner on the forum!
I'll be interested in the idea of a higher BTU AC unit vs the 2 AC unit solution.
I have done many of the things mentioned: added baffles to the end of the vent runs; tried to move wiring from blocking the air intake cavity; added window reflectors; started AC in the morning ...and still underwhelmed by its performance.
Here is the link to it's website. There are suggestions from the support page check power to the unit and actual unit settings that I have also tried. https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/pro...uin-ii-_-20673
The good news, as I understand it from speaking to a Thor rep, the warranty on the AC unit is 2 yrs so I'm hopeful that if I do have a defective AC unit I can get it replaced;-)
Nancy

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum