Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 12:23 AM   #7
Thehobe1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #10354
A good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
I had to remove the Pantry drawer in my 2013 ACE 30.1 several years ago in order to run an AC cable behind (through) the pantry track for an inverter addition. You can obtain a pantry drawing from Thor, but the drawing I received did not help with any "secret" easy access releases. It was more like a dimensional drawing only. As I recall I had to carefully remove the construction staples which were holding down the lowest woodgrain trays on both sides of the pantry drawer (nearest the bottom slide track), in order to access some pantry drawer to track retention/stop screws. Once they were out I was able to pull the pantry drawer all the way straight out to gain access to the back wall of the coach and the pantry track back there. It has been a while but I think there was a hole through the track that I was able to safely run the Romex/Lumex cable through. Install was the reverse process. Sorry I did not take any pictures at the time. Of course your pantry release might be much easier than mine was.
OK, I used the suction cup on a dash mounted camera and was able to "suck up" a thin piece of wood covering the bottom shelf of the pantry. That exposes a 3/4" x/34" stapled frame holding another baseboard that also has two phillips screws appearing to hold a metal piece below the baseboard. The metal piece might be the top rail of the sliding mechanism, I don't know. If I remove the screws I may never be able to reattach to the sliding rail. Any more info is appreciated.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum